10.09.2010

{hug}

A hug can symbolize so many different things. People give hugs to say hello and goodbye. People give celebratory hugs and sympathy hugs. Hugs are given to show love and affection. Hugs are also given to show appreciation and thanks, and that was exactly what I received yesterday during my nursing clinical. So what's the big deal getting a hug from a complete stranger??? To me it means that I made a positive difference in that person's life. How many people do you hug that you've only know for less than 7 hours??? I'm guessing not very many, I know that I don't.
My nursing instructors have been telling us that nursing is a very rewarding career. And no matter how crazy of a day you may have had, you will have that one patient who smiles at you, thanks you, and hugs you....and that ONE patient makes your whole day worth it :) And now I know EXACTLY what my instructors were talking about - because I experienced that on Friday.
I really think that I will enjoy being a nurse - so far it's been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...