9.17.2010

School Update

3 weeks down - 12 to go! At least for this semester......

As I was laying in bed last night, I realized that today is my last Friday until DECEMBER that I get to sleep in past 5:15! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate mornings! Next week I start my clinicals, which are every Friday from 6:30 - 2. Luckily I don't have far to drive as my clinicals are at the hospital here in Clarion! Thank goodness! Our daycare open right at 6 AM - I think there are only 3 Fridays that Harper will have to go to daycare, thankfully.

I'm still managing to keep an A in two of my classes, which I expect to maintain all semester. The classes seem pretty easy. However, in my 'Fundamentals of Nursing' class, I'm getting a B. Which is still good I guess. We've only been graded on one test so far, which was curved - big time! The class average for the first test was a D, which is exactly what I got before the curve. After she added 8 points to everyone's scores, my grade was a B. The professor said that in the years past the average grade for the first test has always been a D - just because the tests are structured much different than other tests and because it is kind of boring material - the rule/laws of nursing - boring!

The tests are going to be hard - they are set up like the nursing boards - which is great practice! However, many of the questions have several answers that are correct, but we have to choose the BEST choice. There are also some 'multiple-multiple' questions - meaning there are multiple answers - and we have to choose all that apply - if we forget one or have an extra - we miss the whole point - we have to have it exactly right. Pretty tricky - on the last test I only got 1 out of the 4 correct.

O'well - I'm ready for the challenge! I enjoy school. My goal is to graduate with honors. So far my GPA for Iowa Central after 3 classes is a 4.0 ~ hopefully I can say the same after this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...