1.19.2010

Dry Skin

Tis the season for dry skin! After the two weeks of bitter cold and dry air, Harper's poor skin is not so baby soft anymore. Although baby lotion smells amazing - I don't think it does the greatest job of keeping skin moist. I started rubbing baby oil on Harper after her bath's but that does not seem to help. Anyone have any suggestions for dry baby skin? Keep in mind that the lotion needs to be safe for their delicate and sensitive skin. I thought about trying the Aveeno baby lotion, Cural, or Lubriderm. Please post any suggestions you may have!

PS - Harper is taking a nap right now in her crib! Only her second time napping in her crib. I laid her down when she was tired and she put herself to sleep without any fussing! Yay! I decided that I need to put my foot down and break the habit of her napping in her swing or in our arms. She needs to learn how to soothe herself and put herself to sleep. I read in Parents Magazine that you can start 'sleep training' your baby at 4 months. I've always been too afraid of dealing with her whining if I laid her down in her crib - but in the long run it'll be worth it. Wish us luck tonite at bedtime because I am not planning on rocking her to sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Coconut oil can be really good for dry skin! It's safe for anyone because there's no chemicals or anything to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Papa does......he puts baby oil in the bath water and soaks in it. Maybe try that?? He doesn't really towel it off - just puts on his robe and lets it soak in.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...