7.16.2009

New Camera

I've been wanting to buy a new camera for awhile now and finally broke down and bought one. Adam and I both have mediocre digital cameras but they aren't very dependable, and with a little one coming I know there will be LOTS of picture taking! I didn't want anything big and bulky, but yet wanted it to take good pictures and even some video. After some research, I decided to go with the Sony Cyber Shot. In addition to the face detection technology, image stabilizer, and video capabilities; I am most excited for the 'smile shutter' feature!

Smile Shutter™ technology:
The popular Smile Shutter™ technology automatically detects and captures a smiling face. Simply activate by pressing the Smile Shutter button and the camera will capture a smile the moment it happens. You can also select subject priority (Adult or Child Priority or touch subject on screen) and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity to high (small smile), medium (laugh) or low (grin). Smile Shutter also makes a great substitute for the self timer. Just smile once everyone is ready, and the camera will automatically capture the shot.

I'm sure this feature will come in handy - it always seems like a challenge to capture a baby's smile!

And the best part of the story is that I got a great deal on Amazon! I knew I could find one cheaper online than in the stores. So after shopping around, I found it on amazon.com for $20 cheaper than in the stores! I also got a 4 GB memory card to go with it that was also $30 cheaper than in stores. So my grand total of the camera, memory card, AND shipping, was only $2 more than the store price of the camera alone! Aren't I a bargain shopper or what?! The shipment should be here in the next 5 days - can't wait to try it out!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...