1.23.2009

It's hard to believe that it is already the 23rd of January - time sure does fly by the older you get I guess. Nothing new here - just trying to eat healthier and go to the gym at least 5 times a week. The other day I made a weight watcher recipe called 'Cola Chicken.' It was super easy and delicious - it is supposed to taste like BBQ chicken. I'll post the recipe at the end of this blog.

Sometime this spring we are going to put in new floor and countertops in our kitchen, so we have been busy looking at home department websites for some ideas. We're also going to paint the upstairs hallway and bedrooms. We've been living in our house now for 7 months, so I suppose its time to start doing something! ;)

I'm finally subbing again - after all of that nasty cold weather! Yesterday was 35 - 40 degrees and sunny - the kids thought it was 'hot' outside and wanted to take their coats off! I also had a kindergartner tell me yesterday during center time that 'putting together puzzles is just like doing yoga, you have to breathe and relax.' I don't know where kids come up with this stuff, but its pretty funny! I was also informed yesterday that I may have a long-term subbing opportunity this spring in 4th grade. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Here's the 'Cola Chicken' Recipe - I cut everything in half since I was just cooking for 2

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
1 (12 ounce) can diet cola

Put chicken in nonstick skillet. Pour ketchup and diet cola over the top. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes.Uncover, turn up the heat and continue to cook until the sauce becomes thick and adheres to the chicken.

4 servings - 4 points each

1 comment:

  1. That stuff is pretty funny Broooke!
    I can't wait to see your new floor and countertops when there finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...