1.07.2009

The Slanket

I'm sure you've seen the infomercial on TV advertising 'The Slanket' - which is basically a blanket with two sleeves in it. I laughed the first time I saw the commercial, thinking that there are morons out there that would actually buy this product, which is essentially just a blanket. Well, I received one as a Christmas gift from my mom! I wasn't thrilled with it at first (sorry mom) and couldn't believe that my mom actually took part in this marketing scam. But much to 'The Slanket's' defense, it is awesome! It really is a genius ideas for those of you that like to curl up on the couch with a blanket and watch TV, read, work on your laptop, etc. Usually, your upper body gets cold when you do any activity that requires you to take your arms out of the blanket. But with the 'Slanket,' your arms and upper body remain covered the entire time. A little FYI: The Slanket was invented by a college student who decided to tear a hole in his sleeping bag so he could keep his upper body warm as he channel surfed during the commercials during the winter.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke,
    That is too funny...we just saw the commercial (for the millionth time) on TV tonight and Chelsey (my 6 year old) said she wanted one and that they are for kids too..."just keep watching, Mom...they show kids using them too!" Maybe I really should get her one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke!

    That comershel is always on! They have something just like it called the snuggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Brooke - now I didn't get the "snuggie" which is the commercial one - I got the "slanket" at QVC!! (not that it makes much difference) - saw it once on there and thought it would be the PERFECT gift for my mom and Troy's mom (who are always cold) - and for YOU - who likes to sleep on the couch a lot!!! Turns out MOTHER KNOWS BEST!! Just think - some day you can be wrapped in your "slanket" while feeding a baby wrapped in their blanket!! Doesn't get any better than that does it?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...