12.09.2008

'tis the season

'Tis the season for school delays and cancellations! Today marked the first day of school cancellations, with many more to follow, I'm sure. I was scheduled to sub today in Belmond, but didn't have to due to the ice and inches and inches of snow. Last night I was glued to the TV waiting for Belmond-Klemme to scroll across the screen under school delays and cancellations. I think teachers are worse than kids when it comes to wanting school to be delayed or cancelled. I have a lot of college friends that are teachers and all of their facebook status' stated that they were praying for a snow day, or happy that school was cancelled. I was happy, yet a little disappointed because it was my only scheduled day of subbing this week.

Adam was a busy bee this morning and shoveled our drive way. Our front sidewalk was already done. We have no clue who cleared it, but hope it happens again. Adam already wants to buy a snow blower! It's going to be a long winter!

PS - the song playing is "Believe" by Josh Groban. It is from the best book, now turned into movie - The Polar Express. If you haven't watched it - you MUST - read the book first!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...