12.13.2008

Spinning Wheels

Do you remember when you were a kid and went rollerskating at the nearest roller rink? Ate pickles on a stick...attempted to do the limbo on skates....held hands with your boyfriend/girlfriend during the slow songs....sat around tables and gossiped with your friends? Well folks, I got to re-live those days and it was a BLAST! Except this time I was the one passing out the skates and taking the $10 that you spent at the concession stand! You heard it right, I am working part-time at Spinning Wheels, a roller rink here in Clarion.

It's actually not as pathetic as it may sound to you right now. The rink is only open on Friday and Saturday from 7 pm to 10 pm. Not your idea of a Friday or Saturday night? Well, it gives me something to do because Adam works majority of the weekends. I usually end up sitting at home by myself watching a movie, surfing the net, or cleaning. So why not get paid to listen to music and hang out with kids for a few hours? I had so much fun and can't wait until the owners need my help again! I met the owners because I have their 3 daughters in the after school program and they are always saying that they need help, so I gave them my name and number, and the rest is history!

PS - Adam is really proud to tell everyone that his wife works at a rollerskating rink! ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...