9.06.2013

Dancing Queen

We have a little diva on our hands now....Harper has started dance classes!

She has practice once a week for 30 minutes.  It doesn't sound like much time, but that's about all a preschooler can handle!  (and the teacher!)  She is learning ballet and tap this year.

I was never a dancer, but I love that Harper is giving it a try.  She really enjoyed her first night and can't wait to go back!  If one day she decides that she doesn't like it, then I'll support her decision.  I never want to make her participate in something that she doesn't want to do.  (Adam is secretly hoping that she doesn't want to dance or cheer because he wants a 'real' athlete) ;)

Although dance gets a bad wrap for not being a real sport, it truly does teach the kids discipline and respect.

Preschoolers

warming up

Parents are not allowed to stay and watch their children....I suppose it's distracting to the dancers.  I will get to see Harper in action in November for Parents Night.  I'm looking forward to that and already requested that day off from work.  You can count on a blog post with lots of pictures and an update :)

Have a great 1st year of dance, Harper Marie!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...