10.17.2011

Bye Bye Crib

Adam and I decided that it was time for Harper to move out of her crib and into a big bed. We had no real reasons other than Adam's sister gave us a twin bed that they weren't using and it was being stored in our guest room; so we were reminded of the 'bed transition' every day! Harper has never tried to climb out of her crib or has shown any other signs that indicate that she's ready to move into a big bed. She probably would have slept in her crib until she was 5 if we'd let her!

We are on night #2 in the big girl bed and she has been doing well. Harper hasn't tried to get out at all - not even for her afternoon nap today. I'm pleasantly surprised with how smooth the transition has gone so far. However, I realize that the day WILL come when she discovers that she can crawl out of bed and protest sleep! I'm not looking forward to that phase and Adam and I already have talked about our 'parenting actions' when that day does come.

Here are a few pictures of Harper's new room!


No more crib and changing table!


Harper thinks the rug is a blanket and likes to drag it around the house....


Notice the pretty wall decals - they are no longer on the walls because they won't stick to the texture. I am currently trying to use my crafting skills to come up with an alternative...



Next big step = POTTY TRAINING!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You can adhere the decals to artist canvas and then hang those on the wall if you don't come up with another option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bedding! Where is it from? As I was looking at these pictures AJ kept pointing & saying "pillow!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...