2.06.2010

Chili

I'm back! Sorry for the lack of blogs this week. Adam was in Des Moines all week for a law enforcement class so it was just Harper and I at home. Nothing exciting happened. My goal for the week was to give Harper my undivided attention - no computer, TV, etc. unless she was sleeping. We had a fun week - lots of bonding time - we played a lot, practiced sitting up and rolling over, laughed a lot, and missed daddy! We are so happy to have him home!

Being that it's the Super Bowl tomorrow, I thought I'd post a recipe for a delicious chili recipe! Seriously - it's yummy! It has a small sweet flavor going on in the background - but it's not over powering. You will definitely want to write this recipe down. I promise that you won't be disappointed!

CHILI

  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 chopped green pepper
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 2 cans stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can (14-15 oz) kidney beans
  • 1 can (14-15 oz) chili beans
  • 2 pkgs chili seasoning
  • 1 (46 oz) can V-8 vegetable juice
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup honey BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions: cook onion and green pepper with ground beef. Drain. Mix all ingredients together until heated and eat. Perfect for the crockpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...