3.24.2014

Elliet {9 months}

Little Elliet turned 9 months old last week.  9 months!  I can't believe how much faster time goes with the 2nd child!

Weight: Elliet weighed about 21 pounds with her diapers and clothes on when Adam weighed her on our home scale

Diaper Size: 3

Clothing Size: 12 months

Teeth: 6

Speech: tries to say "uh-oh" - but just says the "uh!"  Every time she drops her cup from her hi-chair she say "Uh!"  We started teaching her baby sign language, as we did for Harper.  Just the basics - more, all done, and bath.

Eating: Elliet still only drinks 4 oz formula at each sitting, but she is down to about 4 or 5 bottles a day.  She eats a mixture of baby food and table food for meals.  So far she has eaten: toast, scrambled eggs, saltine crackers, bananas, pizza, green beans, and pineapple.

Sleep: Elliet take a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  Bed time is around 8/8:30 and she wakes up in the morning around 7:30.  Unfortunately she is not sleeping through the night yet - she usually wakes up once for a diaper change and bottle. (I hope this stops...SOON!)

Movement: As I promised in her 8-month post, Elliet is officially crawling!  And she pulls herself up on everything....the couches, chairs, coffee table, bed, toys, etc.  I LOVE when she crawls over to me and pulls up on my leg and wants me to hold her.  I don't know why - just makes me feel wanted :)  I predict that she will be 'cruising' by next month.

Favorite Toy: books or anything of Harper's

Development/Health/Milestones

  • went for 1st ride in stroller and loved it! She was SO relaxed
  • started using special shampoo (T-Sal) for dry scalp just like Harper needed when she was a baby
  • crawling and pulling self to standing position!
  • claps hands spontaneously or when you say "Patty Cake"
  • throws her hands in the air when you say "So big"
  • shakes her head no
  • loves to imitate faces - especially scrunching up her nose
Only 3 more months until Elliet turns 1 - I better start working on her BUMBLE BEE Birthday Party!!!  It'll be here before we know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...