2.07.2013

20 Week Update

20 weeks down - 20 to go!  It's hard to believe that we are 1/2 way home to meeting our future family member!

Size of Baby: 10" (head to heel) and 10 oz (size of banana)
     **Baby #2 weighed 12 oz at our 20 week  ultrasound (Harper weighed 11 0z at 20 wks)

Total weight gain: 2 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Little bit of both ~ maternity jeans mostly

Gender: The sonographer was able to identify the gender (and I think I did too) - we will find out on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

Movement: Just a few days after my 16-week update I felt movement for the first time.  The kicks are getting stronger and more frequent every day..and I love every minute of it.  Some of them are able to be felt from the outside now.  I can't wait until they're strong enough for Adam and Harper to experience them too.

Sleep: It depends - sometimes I can't get enough and other times I toss and turn all night (I've been up at 4:30 for the day twice this week!)

What I miss: nothing!

Symptoms: Hello pitting edema! The swelling in my lower legs/ankles has started already - but usually only during work. 

Cravings: skim milk, Chinese food, orange juice

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the baby again during our ultrasound

Looking Forward To: Our gender reveal party in 3 more days!!!!  I can't wait to see what color everyone will choose to wear!

Harper showing the baby some love at 20 weeks!

Our 20-week ultrasound went great!  The baby looked healthy and measuring right on track!  I drank some orange juice right before the ultrasound to make sure the baby wouldn't be sleeping with it's legs crossed or something, and the baby was super active!  It was hard to get good pictures because the baby would move and they'd turn out blurry.  The heart looked great, beating 150 beats/minute, and we watched the blood flow through all 4 chambers and the aortic arch (for you, Ashley!)

Top: arm/hand/fingers
Bottom: profile @ 20 weeks
Our countdown chain until our party!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...