5.22.2012

{safe}

Being a parent is hard work.

It is tiring.

It is expensive.

It is scary.

It is frustrating.

It is never-ending........

BUT,

Parenting is also rewarding

fun!

humorous

fulfilling

and joyous.

Sometimes I forget how important my parenting role is to Harper.  What I mean is that I sometimes forget that she DEPENDS on Adam & I.    We are her EVERYTHING.

For example, the fire sirens went off the other night after I put Harper to bed.  For whatever reason, Harper is not a fan of the fire whistle.  She started crying up in her room.  So I layed in bed with her until the sirens ended.  She immediately stopped crying & snuggled close with me.  I was instantly reminded that my presence comforts her.  I am the one who makes her feel safe.  

I can remember from my childhood laying on the floor in my parents' room a few times during storms because it made me feel 'safe.'  It is hard to believe that now I am responsible for creating these same feelings for my own child.

Being a parent is so awesome!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...