5.26.2012

Graduation #2

Three weeks ago I 'graduated' from Iowa Central Community College with my associates degree in nursing. I saw 'graduated' because I still have 3 weeks of class and clinicals left.  My coursework in nursing is complete, however, this last 6-week class consists of learning how to lead a group of nurses, studying for the boards, making a resume & portfolio, studying for the boards, and studying for the boards!  We were able to chose where we would like to complete our last 120 hrs of clinical and I chose......the ER.  I chose the ER out of pure FEAR!  I always declined going to the ER when given the chance.  I was/am afraid of the unknown, the pressure, and the extremely fast pace.  However, now that I have complete 2 weeks in the ER, it's not so bad.  I have learned A LOT!  Which is exactly why I chose to do my last rotation in the ER.



Degree #2
There is NO way I would have been able to get through nursing school without the help of my husband!  Thank you for putting up with me & supporting me the past 2 years!


My parents - more members of my support team!

THANK YOU to my family that was able to make the ceremony.  I appreciate your support - from near and far!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...