4.18.2012

Tales from the Potty

Harper has a potty chair similar to this picture. When not using it as a potty chair, the lid flips down and it can be used as a step stool. {Which is awesome by the way, Harper uses it to help reach the water when she brushes her teeth and washes her hands.} Last night while she was sitting on the potty, she flipped the lid up so it was resting on her back, she leaned forward, and said, "Look Mommy, I'm a turtle!" I was instantly amazed at her creativeness. I had never taught her anything about turtles before. I asked Adam about it this morning and he said he has never talked about turtles with her either. I have NO clue where she learns this stuff - I'm guessing at daycare because they do teach the kids an age-appropriate curriculum everyday. I am just amazed at how much Harper knows - I'm sure she knows way more than what we think she knows. She says or does something new every day. Her mind is a like a little sponge and I love it!

Potty Tale #2: Harper has been potty trained for 4 months now. Other than the 1st 2 weeks, Harper has worn underwear to bed. In the 4 months, she has had 5 over night accidents, FOUR of them being in the last 2 weeks. I have no clue what has caused this change. We make her go potty every night before bed. And we try to limit what she drinks before bed. We have decided that she can no longer take a cup up to bed with her anymore. I'm hoping that is all it will take to break this habit. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...