2.09.2012

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

After a week of zero blogs, I'm back! This last semester or nursing school is flying by, which is a good thing! My week is ending just when I think it has started - I feel like I have no time for extracurricular things (like blogging). My new love for Pinterest has even been moved to the back-burner. I snoop around on Pinterest mainly for recipes. Here is a recipe that I'd like to share with you all, Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili. An easy and delicious winter recipe. My brother-in-law even asked for this recipe after he tried it - so this is definitely worth sharing!

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz pkg light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts (mine were frozen)

Directions: Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour corn, Rotel, and black beans on top. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve. Optional: top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips

* I didn't have the cumin or onion powder on hand and it still tasted scrumptious!

1 comment:

  1. We tried this last night! Very good! I think next time I'll only do one chicken breast.
    It was really filling. Perfect for a snowy night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...