11.16.2011

Black Friday.....I mean, Thursday????

I don't know about you, but I am not fond of the 'Black Friday' shopping/deals beginning on Thursday evening. I think people should enjoy spending time with their families, instead of worrying about their shopping trip.

Maybe I feel this way because I have never gone shopping on Black Friday, so I don't really understand the big deal. Honestly, it does not sound like fun to me. I don't like big crowds when I'm trying to shop, I don't like waiting in line, and I have road rage. Therefor, I don't think Black Friday is for me.

I just cannot believe that some stores are opening up at 10 PM on Thanksgiving and most others opening at midnight. For crying out loud, let the employees and customers enjoy their families! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it is so relaxing hanging out with family, and there is no stress of buying gifts for everyone. It's a day to eat way too much food, maybe drink a little too much wine :), watch football, and bond with family! Sounds like a perfect day to me! I don't need to be pressured into interrupting my day to go shop.

Sorry if you are in favor of the change of Black FRIDAY shopping, I'm sure you'll have a ball. When is enough, enough? Soon we'll be shopping the day BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Check out the story below regarding this debate.


http://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-friday-backlash-early-openings-112000843.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! Besides, from everything I've seen, the Black Friday deals aren't even that great anymore. I'm all for small business Saturday and cyber Monday though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...