7.17.2011

12 Hour Shifts & Mentos

I realize that I have been MIA for the past week. I tend to do this a lot. I have been SUPER busy. I worked by first set of 12-hr shifts at the hospital since they changed the shifts from 8 hours to 12 hours. I personally do not care for 12 hr shifts. I didn't appreciate leaving at 6:45 am and getting home at 7:30 pm. I missed out on the entire day's activities, including all meals. I got home just in time to play and cuddle with Harper for about an hour before she went to bed. By the time I took a shower, I was ready for bed because I had been up since 6 am and had to get up again the next morning at 6 am. I really felt sorry for Adam and Harper during my 3 day craziness. I was not there for them as a mother or wife. I really hope I can land a job in the clinic, surgery center, or a specialty area, where the nurses only work 8 hour shifts. (at our hospital anyways)
In addition to my long work week, I spent the weekend working with a friend at the Iowa Speedway, doing some marketing work for Mentos. We handed out over 3,000 packs of candy/gum. It was a lot of fun, yet EXTREMELY hot. I'm talking heat index of 125 degrees. Yeah, I was drenched in sweat, and even threw up. I have NEVER been that hot for that long of a period in.my.life! It definitely challenged my character!
Speaking of hot weather, the entire week is supposed to be extremely hot with dangerous heat indexes. I have the ENTIRE week off (so far) so I plan on going to the pool for a few hours each day.
Other weekly plans:


  • CLEANING, cleaning and MORE cleaning

  • making a trip to our local thrift store

  • organizing Harper's photo album

  • update Harper's baby book

  • taking our vehicles in for oil changes

  • grocery shopping

  • eating lots of ice cream ;) {to stay cool, of course}

  • early morning bike rides with Harper

  • a trip to the library

  • and last but not least, POTTY TRAINING!

Stay tuned for our potty training adventures!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...