12.13.2012

12 Week Update

How far along: 12 weeks

Size of Baby: 2 inches (about the size of a lime)

Maternity Clothes: None yet!  Although I'm going shopping this weekend to hopefully find some cute maternity jeans, leggings, and tops.  It helps that I get to lounge around in sweats all day and wears scrubs to work.

Gender: We ARE going to find out the sex this time, mostly to prepare Harper as much as we possibly can for this huge change/transition in her life.  However, the name will NOT be revealed.  Speaking of reveals, stay tuned for details on the gender reveal party that I am in the works of planning.  We will hopefully be able to find out the gender in early February!!!

Movement: We had an ultrasound on Monday and saw the baby moving around like crazy, but I still can't feel it yet.  I am looking forward to that moment...hopefully next month.

Sleep: I am completely exhausted 24/7!!!  I could sleep 20 hours out of the day if I could.  The books aren't lying when they say fatigue is much more severe with your 2nd child, due to taking care of your first born!  I think the combination of being pregnant and working nights is really taking its toll.

What I miss: Nothing yet ~ 

Symptoms: Other than fatigue, I haven't really had many symptoms.  Certain foods make me want to vomit - particularly chicken breasts and any type of casserole.  If I eat too much of a warm food, I feel nauseous, which is really the only symptom that I have, which is all I had with Harper too!  Yes, I feel very fortunate to have missed out on the morning sickness each time! 

Cravings: Because the thought of certain foods make me nauseous, I pretty much keep to certain foods.  I've been eating a lot of yogurt, cereal, oranges, and milk.  I guess anything cold is appealing.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the baby for the 2nd time on ultrasound and getting to hear the heartbeat at my appointment.

Looking Forward To: feeling movement and finding out the gender


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...